Office: Ungar Building, Room 310J
Professor | Department of Computer Science
Program Director | Big Data Analytics & Data Mining
Dr. Mitsunori Ogihara joined the University of Miami in 2007 as Professor in the Department of Computer Science and as Program Director of the Big Data Analytics & Data Mining Program within the Center for Computational Science. More recently, he served as Associate Dean for Digital Library Innovation in the College of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Ogihara obtained his PhD in Information Sciences from the Tokyo Institute of Technology in 1993. From 1994 to 2007, Dr. Ogihara was a Computer Science faculty member at the University of Rochester, where he was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in 1998, and to full Professor in 2002. He also served as Chair of for the Department from 1999 to 2007.
His research interests are in data mining, information retrieval, network traffic data analysis, program behavior analysis, molecular computation, and music information retrieval. Dr. Ogihara is the author of three books: The Complexity Theory Companion, Music Data Mining, and Fundamentals of Java Programming.
- International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science (2006-present )
- Theory of Computing Systems Journal (2002-present)
- Open Computer Science Journal (was Central European Journal of Computer Science)
- Journal of Computing and Information (1995-present)
- General Chairperson for ISMIR 2011 Conference
- Program Chairperson for TAMC 2011 Conference
- Keynote Speaker at RACS 2011 Conference