Register Here! (Free)
Big data, advanced computing, and algorithms are rapidly and profoundly changing every sphere of human activity; Airbnb, Uber, and Fitbit are just a few examples. Today, over 3.6 billion people worldwide are deeply engaged with smartphone devices, wearables, and Internet-of-things technologies while artificial intelligence also promises to create a wave of new products. Advanced computing gives us the ability to reliably and cost effectively store petabytes of data; and machine learning algorithms can crunch through massive datasets in real time to extract business intelligence and socially relevant information, giving firms new marketing tools, like mobile geo-social targeting. These tools have also empowered customers, making them more savvy in their interactions with business. The businesses, nonprofits, health care providers, government agencies, entrepreneurs, and educational institutions that harness these trends have an historic opportunity to gain an advantage over their competitors.
CCS, in collaboration with the College of Arts and Sciences and the Miami Business School invites you to participate in panel discussions on Big Data, and to network with south Florida private- and public-sector policy makers, entrepreneurs, educators, and researchers, and healthcare providers. This year’s event focuses on capacity building and cybersecurity and will be hosted in the Miami Business School Storer Auditorium located at 5250 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146 beginning at 2:00 PM.
2:00 Welcome Address
2:30 PANEL 1
4:00 PANEL 2
5:30-7:00 Networking Reception
Parking Instructions (Free)
- Anyone with a UM parking permit does not need register their vehicle
- Non-UM Speakers and Moderators will be given specific parking instructions
- All other non-UM attendees will be given a link to register their vehicles (just enter your license plate number)
- Your Big Data event parking session is valid from 12/6 at 1:00 PM until 8:00 PM
- Approved parking locations Red Zone Lot 209 A-B-C based on availability.