The Center for Computational Science offers expertise and products through established University of Miami Service Centers.
►Big Data & Data Analytics Services
Big Data and Data Analytics Services offers consultation for big data and bioinformatics analytics projects; includes consultation for the incorporation of appropriate computational support, including software licenses and analytical personnel for inclusion in grant proposals; development of prototypes or initial analysis in preparation for proposal submission; expert support and grant writing for proposal submission.
►Advanced Computing Services
Advanced Computing provides the academic and research communities with comprehensive advanced computing resources ranging from hardware infrastructure to expertise in designing and implementing high-performance solutions. Available services include:
- Advanced Compute Processing Service includes initial consultation for services and account set up for use of the supercomputing environment. Each advanced compute service unit includes 200 GB home directory, 2 GB of RAM per CPU hour, account maintenance, and end-user support. End-users are to delete data from scratch space within 24 hours of job completion to avoid additional charges. Users requiring assistance with extended temporary storage solutions are asked to consult with the Advanced Computing Team prior to starting any job.
- High Performance Storage Service includes initial consultation for services and set up of Windows, Linux, and OS X based storage for connectivity to the supercomputing environment. Each High Performance Storage unit includes hardware, installation, systems administration, storage maintenance, account maintenance, and end-user support.
- Advanced Computing Consulting Service includes consultation for the design and implementation of high-performance solutions, scientific programming, parallel code profiling, and code optimization.
►Software Engineering Services
The CCS Software Engineering team are professionals who work together using established practices, including following accepted and documented coding standards, and conducting code reviews. Software Engineering provides technical expertise in the areas of systems design, development, implementation and integration. Consultation is available for software engineering/development projects; consultation for the incorporation of appropriate computational support, including software licenses and analytical personnel for inclusion in grant proposals; development of prototypes or initial analysis in preparation for proposal submission; expert support and grant writing for proposal submission.
►Visualization & Infographics Consulting
Have you designed some charts recently? Are you planning to? Need to communicate your results in papers, conference posters, or press releases? The Center for Computational Science offers a Visualization Consulting Service. We will be happy to sit with you, look at your work, discuss your plans, and offer some advice. We won’t do the design for you, but we can offer advice on visual design, tools, tutorials, and user experience. We offer:
- Need a second opinion? We can provide feedback on graphics in progress.
- Don’t know where to start? We can help determine the best ways to show your findings.
- Want to do it yourself? We can point you to helpful tools, tutorials, and resources.
- Looking to share knowledge? If you teach a class at the University and you want your students to learn basic visualization principles, we can give a guest lecture.
WHERE TO FIND US Drop in for office hours on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:30 PM at CCS (Gables One Tower, Suite 600)—no appointment needed! If you can’t make office hours or want to have an in-depth discussion, email Alyssa at firstname.lastname@example.org and Alberto at email@example.com. We plan to host additional drop-in hours at Richter Library throughout the semester.