(click title for details)
FREE WEBINAR – Wed Apr 8 noonET/11amCT/10amMT/9amPT/8amAT/6amHT
NO PREREGISTRATION NEEDED — JUST SHOW UP!
– REMINDER –
/projects2 on the Pegasus cluster will be offline from 7AM to 11:59 PM EST, Tuesday, 01/14/2020. During this period, we will be working on the future expansion of our system. The rest of the system will be functioning as usual. Please plan accordingly.
CCS Advanced Computing invites you to connect with the Advanced Computing community on Slack: http://umadvancedcomputing.slack.com
The Advanced Computing community Slack channels provide a place for user discussions, information sharing, and informal announcements about CCS resources and developments. All users with an @miami.edu or @umiami.edu email address can create a Slack account in UM Advanced Computing.
CCS Advanced Computing Services resources are available to all University of Miami employees and students. Use of CCS resources is governed by University of Miami Acceptable Use Policies in addition to CCS ACS policies, terms, and conditions.
- To qualify for a CCS account, you must be affiliated with the University of Miami.
- All CCS accounts must be linked with a valid corresponding University of Miami account.
- Suspended accounts cannot submit jobs to the Pegasus cluster. Suspended accounts will be disabled after 90 days.
- Disabled accounts cannot log into the Pegasus cluster.
- Disabled account data will be deleted after 30 days.
- All users of the Pegasus supercomputer are required to have a CCS account.
- All SSH sessions are closed automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- No backups are performed on Pegasus file systems.
- CCS does not alter user files.
- Jobs running on the Pegasus cluster may be terminated for:
- using excessive resources or exceeding 30 minutes of CPU time on Pegasus login nodes
- failing to reserve appropriate LSF resources
- backgrounding LSF processes with the & operator
- running on inappropriate LSF queues
- running from data on
The CCS account responsible for those jobs may be suspended.
- Pegasus users with disabled CCS accounts must submit a request to email@example.com for temporary account reactivation.
- Active Pegasus users are allocated a logical home directory area
/nethome/username, limited to 250GB.
- Active projects can be allocated scratch directories:
/scratch/projects/projectID, intended for compiles and run-time input & output files. Disk allocations on Pegasus are only for data currently being processed.
- Data for running jobs must be staged exclusively in the
/scratchfile system. CCS accounts staging job data in the
/nethomefilesystem may be suspended.
- Both home and scratch are available on all nodes in the Pegasus cluster.
- Accounts exceeding the 250GB home limit will be suspended. Once usage is under 250GB, the account will be enabled in one business day.
- Users are free to install software in their home directories on Pegasus. More information about installing software onto ACS systems on ReadTheDocs https://acs-docs.readthedocs.io/
- Pegasus software requests are reviewed quarterly. Global software packages are considered only when a minimum of 20 users require them.
More information about ACS software on ReadTheDocs https://acs-docs.readthedocs.io/