Dr. Zongjun Hu joined the Center for Computational Science (CCS) of the University of Miami as Assistant Scientist in November 2007. Dr. Hu is a researcher that has significant expertise in schedulers and parallel computation. He has expertise in LSF and Moab and has been a regular contributor to the Maui/Torque projects. He is also a contributor to the CRAN and Linux kernel projects specializing in parallel computing and system scheduling. Dr. Hu also brings domain expertise in computational fluid dynamics, aerodynamics, and turbomachinery. He supports all Fortran, MPI, R and CUDA programming for the HPC core. Through the Intel early adopter program Dr. Hu has also started work on porting several CFD codes to the new Intel Phi accelerator. joining CCS, Dr. Hu worked in Acxiom Corporation and GSS Enterprise Network Solutions, Inc. where conducted research and development in Linux network product, database, web service, grid computing, NAS. He received his Ph.D. degree from the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Miami.
- Wang, B. Hu, Z. and Zha, G., “A General Sub-Domain Boundary Mapping Procedure for Structured Grid Implicit CFD Parallel Computation,” Journal of Aerospace Computing, Information, and Communication,Vol. 5, 2008
- Hu, Z., Zha, G., Roecken, T., Montgomery, M.; Orosa, J., “Transonic compressor rotor design using non-monotonic meanline angle distribution,” Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2007 – Power for Land, Sea, and Air, 2007, p 369-376
- Hu, Zongjun, Zha, Gecheng, “Parallel computation of forced vibration for a compressor cascade,” Collection of Technical Papers – 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 2006, p 7521-7534.
- Hu, Z., and Zha, G., “Parallel Computation of Forced Vibration for A Compressor Cascade,” AIAA 44th Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nevada, 2006.
- Hu, Z. and Zha, G., “Calculations of 3D Compressible Flows Using an Efficient Low Diffusion Upwind Scheme,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 107, 2005, pp. 253.269.
- Hu, Z., and Zha., Z., “Simulation of 3D Flows of Propulsion Systems Using an Efficient Low Diffusion E-CUSP Upwind Scheme,” 40th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit,Fort Lauderdale, Florida, July 2004, AIAA Paper 2004.4082.
- Chen, X., Zha, G., and Hu, Z., “Numerical Simulation of Flow Induced Vibration Based on Fully Coupled Fluid-Structural Interactions,” 34th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit, Portland, Oregon, June 28.July 1 2004, AIAA Paper 2004 2240.1
- Hu, Z., Zha, G., and Lepicovsky, J., “Numerical Study of a Cascade Unsteady Separation Flow,” ASME Turbo Expo 2004, Power for Land, Sea and Air, Vienna, Austria, June 14.17 2004, ASME Paper GT2004-53195.
- Chen, X., Zha, G., Hu, Z., and Yang, M., “Flutter Prediction Based on Fully Coupled Fluid-Structural Interactions,” 9th National Turbine Engine High Cycle Fatigue Conference, March 16.19 2004.
- Hu, Z., Zha, G., and Lepicovsky, J., “Numerical Study on Flow Separation of a Transonic Cascade,” AIAA 42nd Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, Reno, Nevada, January 5-8 2004, AIAA Paper 2004.0199.
- Zha, G. and Hu, Z., “Calculation of Transonic Internal Flows Using an Efficient High-Resolution Upwind Scheme,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 42, No. 2, 2004, pp. 205 214, also AIAA Paper 2004-1097.
- Jin, D., Wang, D., Hu, Z., Wu, M., Zou, J., “Design of high humidity combustion test rig,” Power Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 5, 2000, pp. 816-820.
- Hu, Z., and Wu, M., “Steam Cooling and Its Use in Advanced Combined Cycles,” Gas Turbine Technology, Vol. 11, 1998, pp.27-34
- Hu, Z., and Wu, M., “Performance Analysis of Various Gas Turbine Cycles Using Steam Cooling,” Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Vol. 33, pp.335-338.
- Hu, Z., and Wu, M., “A Study of Optimum Steam Injection Rate for a Steam Injected Gas Turbine,” Journal of Engineering for Thermal Energy and Power, Vol. 13, 1998, pp.257-260.
- Hu, Z., and Wu, M., “Combined Cycle, Next Century’s Emphasis of Power Development,” Energy Technology, No.72, 1997, pp.6-10.
- Hu, Z., Hu, S., and Chen, K., “An Experimental Investigation on Drag Measuring Method for Thin Pipe,” Journal of East China University of Technology, Vol. 18, 1996, pp.79-84.