Pete Martinez is the Chairman and CEO of Game Changer Tec, LLC, a high innovation enterprise at the intersection of Sports, Health, Technology, and Big Data Analytics. An international entrepreneur, Pete has led numerous high impact initiatives in the areas of high technology, business consulting, healthcare, and education.
During his 32-year tenure with IBM, Pete served as Vice President of Global Business Services and the Senior Location Executive for IBM South Florida, and led a 1,700-person organization composed of consultants, hardware and software developers, industry specialists and sales leaders. He led projects in the areas of advanced research, supercomputing, and information-based medicine. In 2003, Martinez led the formation of IBM’s largest Business Transformation Multi-client Center that has opened a multi-billion dollar outsourcing business. Previously, he led the formation of business consulting and system integration services in Latin America a 2000-person, 17 countries, $1 billion business. He was also the founding executive of IBM’s e-business Strategy Consulting and Consulting Profession Leader for the Americas. Martinez also led the creation of the IBM University Consortium ‘LA Grid’ (Latin America Grid) and the advanced pandemic global research initiative “Project Checkmate“ in partnership with The Scripps Research Institute. Among other career highlights, Martinez was part of the original IBM Personal Computer team and one of the founders of IBM’s Internet Division and eBusiness Consulting.
Mr. Martinez is also:
- Research Affiliate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Visiting Professor at Florida Atlantic University (FAU) and Florida International University (FIU)
- Chair of the University of Miami College of Engineering Advisory Board
- Chair of the Florida International University School of Computing & Information Sciences Advisory Board
- Member of Florida Atlantic University College of Engineering & Computing Advisory Board
- Member of the Florida International University MBA Advisory Board
- Chairman Emeritus of The Florida Research Consortium Board of Directors