The Advanced Computing Program is a University-wide services core with a mission to provide the University of Miami’s academic community with comprehensive advanced computing resources ranging from hardware infrastructure to expertise in designing and implementing high-performance solutions.
1. Systems Administration and Consulting Initial set up of system other than HPC compute nodes. Covers standard OS load, registering system in DNS, loading common software packages (determined by CCS). This service requires purchase of compute systems. Cost for service is for a maximum of four servers, Additional systems hosting cost is applicable for non HPC systems.
2. Advanced HPC Systems Administration Initial set up of systems other than HPC compute nodes. Covers advanced or specialized OS load, registering system in DNS, loading software packages (determined by CCS). Requires purchase of compute system. Additional systems hosting cost is applicable for non HPC systems.
3. Storage Implementation Initial set up cloud storage on existing HPC equipment. Requires purchase of storage expansion unit. Windows, Linux, and OS X based storage for connectivity to supercomputing.
4. HPC Node Services Initial set up of compute time on existing CCS systems.
5. Cloud Storage Systems Maintenance Yearly (ongoing) administration fee for maintenance of long term storage one previous purchase of storage expansion unit.
6. Systems Maintenance Continuous, annual support per server/node for services 1 and 2. Excludes storage.
7. HPC Node Compute Time – Pegasus 2.0 Compute time on existing CCS system.
8. Systems Hosting Facilities and power for housing systems at the NAP. Systems purchased by end user (Services 1 and/or 2).
To report a problem, please send an email to the Advanced Computing Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an email with a Request Tracker number (RT #). Please reference your RT # for inquires on the status of your request.
Your email message subject line should be descriptive of the problem. In the body of the email, please include the following information:
- Name of the machine
- Describe the nature of the error
- Describe the intended/desired outcome
For additional information on any of the services available through the this core or to obtain a quote for services, please email the Advanced Computing Support Team at email@example.com