The High Performance Computing Core
The High Performance Computing (HPC) core is a University approved service center with a mission to provide the University of Miami’s academic community with comprehensive HPC resources ranging from hardware infrastructure to expertise in designing and implementing HPC solutions.
(1) Systems Administration and Consulting – Initial set up of systems other than HPC compute nodes. Covers standard OS load, registering system in DNS, loading common software packages.
(2) Advanced HPC Systems Administration – Initial set up of systems other than HPC compute nodes. Covers advanced or specialized OS load, registering system in DNS, loading software packages
(3) Storage Implementation – Initial set up of cloud storage. Requires purchase of storage expansion unit Windows, Linux, and OS X based storage for connectivity to supercomputing.
(4) HPC Node Services – Initial set up of compute time on existing CCS systems.
(5) Cloud Storage Systems Maintenance – Yearly (ongoing) administration fee for maintenance of long term storage on prior purchase of storage expansion.
Systems Maintenance – Continuous, annual support per server/node for services (1) or (2).
HPC Node Compute Time – Compute time on Pegasus, Jabberwocky, or Elysium.
Systems Hosting – Facilities, power, and back up of systems purchased by end user, through service (1) and/or (2)
For additional information on any of the services available through the this core or to obtain a quote for services, please email the HPC Support team at HPC@ccs.miami.edu.