CCS seeks to catalyze interdisciplinary computational science by providing intellectual leadership and resources to support development and deployment of pioneering computational methods. Membership is open to University of Miami faculty with an interest in interdisciplinary research. Faculty members are invited to request and maintain membership in the Center for Computational Science through a formal application and review process. Prospective members are asked to complete an application and submit with current CV to email@example.com.
Current CCS members.
Membership Criteria (all are not required for consideration)
- Demonstrated interest or scientific activities in the computational sciences
- Demonstrated research activity in any of the CCS Programs
- Active/Proposed peer-reviewed or non-peer-reviewed funding in research with a computational science component or relevance
- Computational science-focused publications.
All CCS members are expected to contribute to the mission and growth of the CCS through support of CCS activities, including:
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other scientists and researchers on problems related to computational science.
- Active participation in CCS activities including research programs and working groups.
- Active participation in the CCS education and visibility raising efforts, including appropriate symposia and community education.
- Where applicable, willingness to provide mentoring to junior faculty and other CCS members.
- All CCS members will be responsible to provide information updates as required, and must be willing to share this information for the purpose of reporting requirements.
- Members will have access to a community of participating scholars for collaborative interests.
- Members can qualify to receive funding for innovative ideas.
- Members can receive administrative support for grants and contracts in computational science-related research and assistance with grant submission.
All members are entitled to these benefits, pending resource availability and program prioritization.
Application and Selection Process
To apply for membership, an interested faculty member must submit the following information to CCS Administration:
- Completed Membership Application Form (MembershipApplication)
- Current CV (NIH or NSF Biosketch will also suffice)
This information will be reviewed by the CCS Executive Committee. Membership is awarded for three years and is renewable. Membership renewal is contingent upon successful completion of an annual review.
For additional information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.